Procedure for Mass Uploading Properties to LuxuryRealEstate.com
- Create a data file named listings.txt containing information on the properties you wish to upload.
- Provide us with an email address to send load reports to. Each time we load one of your data files an email will be sent to this address with any errors or notifications generated by that load.
- E-mail initial listings.txt file to firstname.lastname@example.org. After reviewing the file, we will create an FTP account and send you the login information.
- FTP listings.txt whenever updates are needed.
Please ensure the following conditions are met:
- listings.txt must be either a tab delimited or CSV text file. Tab delimited is strongly recommended and may eventually be required.
- The first line must be a list of field names for which you intend to provide data. This line determines how many field separators are expected on subsequent lines, and must conform to the CSV or tab delimited format. Fields must be spelled and capitalized correctly.
- All subsequent lines specify data (in the correct order) for the fields specified on the first line. One line per property. As our server is running Linux please note that the character required to end each line is a linefeed (ASCII value of 10 in Decimals). Please ensure data does not contain any line splitting characters. Any lines containing the wrong number of field separators will be ignored (i.e. the property will not be loaded).
- Please maintain the correct number of field separators on each line - even for properties that provide incomplete data (i.e. contain no value for one or more fields).
- For Tab delimited files, \n must be used in fields such as Description instead of newline and carriage return characters.
- An example listings.txt file with fictional listings.
Log of changes to the MDT format over time. Current format has been stable since August 2012.
- We now accept up to 24 images, up from the previous max of 12.
- The fields condo_fees, associate_fees, and taxes have been removed. Files submitted containing these fields will generate a notice in the run reports that the field is no longer used, but will not affect the success of the import run.
- The listed_by_override field has been removed. To connect agents to their listings please use the agent_ids field and see Assigning Listings to Agents. To connect offices/companies to their listings please use the office_id field and see Assigning Listings to Offices.
- The price_comment field now only shows if the price_override field is set to 1.
- The listed_by_override field has been deprecated.
- New optional field hide_mortgage_calculator added. Passing '1' as data will hide the mortgage calculator feature on listings. '0' is the default and will display the mortgage calculator.
- The contact field has been deprecated and thus is no longer required.
- Floorplan, Brochure and Map fields have been deprecated in favor of Document fields.
- Max length for some fields shortened.
- destinations has been removed. Destination is now automatically determined by looking at Country/State.
- type has been renamed to kind
- Addresses are now shown on luxuryrealestate.com, if you do not want your addresses shown, use the new field hide_street_address.
- We have a new FTP server - mdt.luxuryrealestate.com. The old servers are still operational, but using the new ftp server allows you the option of uploading your listings.txt file in the lounge. We will be shutting down the old FTP servers once we have everyone moved to the new server.
- agent_mls_ids has been renamed to agent_ids, office_mls_ids is now office_id
- On March 5, we deprecated mls_region. Your mls value is now checked for uniqueness in Country/State (ISO3166). So far, the only ISO3166 Country/State combination that we have found that has more than one multiple listing service, and those services have overlapping ids is the Virgin Islands. In rare cases like Virgin Islands, the best way to ensure that your mls values are unique is to concatenate the mls id and the mls. For example, instead of 09-123 for the mls, use 09-123:vir or 09-123:stj.
- Added images_updated. This field is useful if you update your images without changing their URLs. Just put the last time any of your images were updated, any ISO or common date/time format should work.
- On September 23, we changed office_mls_ids to office_mls_id. You are only be able to specify one Office MLS id per listing, instead of a pipe delimited list (you can still specify multiple Agent MLS ids). If you do send more than one office MLS id, only one will be used. The old field name of office_mls_ids will still work until at least September 2010.
- renamed details to additional_details
- Added reports in the Lounge.
- lot_size split into lot_size and lot_size_unit
- Changed all CamelCasedFieldNames to underscored_field_names. The old field names will still work, but you will receive messages in the reports about the preferred new field name.
- Added optional foreclosure_status field
- Bedrooms changed from text to integer
- Bathrooms deprecated, please use bathrooms_full and bathrooms_partial. We will attempt to parse the deprecated Bathrooms field, and if we are unable to do so, will place the data in details.
- Removed optional Borough field
- Country deprecated, please use country_code instead. We will attempt to determine the correct country_code if you send Country
- Continent deprecated, please use Destination instead.
- Added AssociateFees
- ImageTitle1..12 and ImageDesc1..12 are now deprecated in favor of ImageCaption1..12
- Added details field
- SquareFeet deprecated in favor of living_area and living_area_unit. We will attempt to parse the deprecated SquareFeet field, and if we are unable to do so, will place the data in "details".
- SalesStatus deprecated in favor of status. We will attempt to parse the deprecated SalesStatus field, and if we are unable to do so, will set the status to 'active'.
- LotSize is much stricter on input. If we cannot parse LotSize, it will be put into additional_details.
- Stricter parsing of CSV files. CSV files must conform to RFC 4180. Please only use CSV files if you cannot generate Tab delimited files. This may require changes to your MDT file, if it does not conform to the RFC.
- Stricter parsing of URLs, which must conform to RFC 2396.
- currency_code field added, uses ISO 4217 currency codes.
- AgentMLSIDs and OfficeMLSIDs fields added.
|Field Name||Field Type||Max Length||Comments|
|mls||Text||32||MLS number OR some other unique identifier for the property.
Note: This number needs to identify properties uniquely between data loads. It is not sufficient to supply a unique number for each property in one load and then re-use the same numbers for different properties on subsequent loads.
|state||Text||48||For United States, please use 2 character abbreviations. For all other countries, enter the full name of the State or Province. Note: Only required if the country is the US or Canada.|
|country_code||Text||2||ISO 3166 2 letter code for Country.|
|zip||Text||10||Note: Only required if the country is the US or Canada.|
|description||Text||65,535 (64KB)||Text description of the property.
Please do not include contact information here.
|Field Name||Type||Valid Values / Max Size||Default Value||Comments|
|bathrooms_full||Integer||0 to 65535||Numbers of full bathrooms.|
|bathrooms_partial||Integer||0 to 65535||Numbers of partial (half, three-quarter, etc.) bathrooms.|
|agent_ids||Text||agent_ids can be up to 32 characters per id, max 128 characters.||Pipe separated list of unique id's that represent the listing agent(s). For listings to connect with agents, these exact same agent_ids must also be entered in the Luxury Lounge on their respective agent profiles by the agents themselves or an account admin (see Assigning Listings to Agents). If you are a third party vendor, expect to have to work with your client to accomplish this. If you have a large number of agents and agent_ids to add in the Lounge, Websupport can do a one time mass import of agents and their respective agent_ids. To do this email Websupport email@example.com a spreadsheet with the following columns: * first_name * last_name * email * phone_number (optional) * agent_ids * office_id (optional) After this one time set up, maintaining these agents and their ID's in the Luxury Lounge will be the responsibility of the account administrators, not Luxury Real Estate staff.|
|office_id||Text||up to 32 characters per id||Single unique id that represent the listing office. For listings to connect with offices, these exact same office_id's must also be entered in the Luxury Lounge on their respective office profiles by an account Admin (see Assigning Listings to Offices). If you are a third party vendor, expect to have to work with your client to accomplish this.|
|title||Text||from 3 to 80 characters, or empty||Property #xxx||A descriptive title for the property - not address.|
|bedrooms||Integer||0 to 65535||Numbers of bedrooms.|
|living_area||Integer||max 10 digits|
|living_area_unit||Text||sqft or sqm||For square feet enter sqft, for square meters enter sqm.|
|features||Text||65,535 (64KB)||pipe (|) separated list of features/highlights. The maximum length of any individual feature/highlight is 255 characters.|
|additional_details||Text||48 characters for labels, 255 characters for values, 64KB total.||key:value|key:value|key:value
pipe (|) and colon (:) separated list of key value pairs. Keys may be repeated for multiple values.
might display on our site as:
|link_url_1||Text||up to 255 characters, valid URL||URL to your site.|
|link_text_1||Text||3 to 255 characters||Visit Our Website!||Text for URL to your site.|
|Text||128||One to twenty four images of the property--one per field--as a url to the image.|
|Text||255||Photo 1 ... 24||Corresponding descriptions for the images provided. One per field.|
||Text||3 characters||USD||A currency code listed in ISO 4217 .|
|price||Integer||up to 19 digits||Numeric price, no formatting, no decimal points or commas.|
|price_comment||Text||64||A message that will show instead of price when price_override is set to 1.|
|price_override||Boolean||1 or 0||If set to 1, only the price_comment will be shown.|
|category||Text||128||One or more of the following values separated by a comma:
Bed and Breakfast
Country Club Community
Private Residence Club
|Field Name||Type||Max Field Length||Default Value||Comments|
|address_one||Text||64||Line one of an address.|
|address_two||Text||64||Line two of an address.|
|hide_street_address||Boolean||1||1 to hide the street address, 0 to show it
|hide_mortgage_calculator||Boolean||0||1 to hide the mortgage calculator, 0 to show it|
|zip_plus_4||Text||4||Additional zip info (US only).|
|Text||128||Contact email address.|
|kind||Text||15||Residential||One of the following:
note: cancelled, expired and withdrawn listings will only be viewable in the Lounge.
|lot_size||Text||Integer portion up to 12 digits, optional decimal up to 2 digits||Examples:
If this field is set, lot_size_unit must also be set.
|lot_size_unit||Text||unit of measurement must be one of:
|Text||255||One to twelve binary documents (floorplans, maps, brochures, etc).|
|Text||255||One to four URLs to virtual tours of the property hosted on an external server. One per field.|
|images_updated||Date/Time||If your image URLs change when you update images, use this field to let us know when you update them.|